Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Projects

This summer has been busy with projects. Some have been small crafts for decorating the home for different seasons. However, there have been some big projects, too. So far the only completed big project is the bench set Josh and I made for the kitchen. I love it!! The original plan was to build it out of cabinets so it would have storage. But we couldn't find cabinets affordable enough. After all, the plan was to sit on them!! Therefore, Josh built them from scratch. (I did the screwing and painting). Luckily, we found cute cushions at Garden Ridge that were the colors I wanted so I didn't have to make my own. The fabric and materials likely would have cost more than these cushions. They open on top like a toy chest, so there's still storage. I don't know about you, but I can never have enough storage space in my kitchen! I love how they turned out. I can just picture our future kids sitting here doing their hw one day :)

The next project is even bigger... So get excited!

No comments: