Monday, July 25, 2011

Staycation

Today begins my "two weeks without work" vacation.  So far I have spent day one going to the eye doctor and the outlets.  I plan to cook Josh a nice dinner tonight, too.  There isn't anything overly eventful planned for this first week, which is my staycation.  I wish I knew more about my office at the school so I could be doing cutesy craft projects and setting up my organizational system for the year, but I guess that will all have to wait.  The things that are on my to-do list for this week include: a sewing project, reading some best-sellers (if the other library patrons hurry up and return them!), beginning the "family wall" by putting up pictures of Josh and I growing up, taking classes at the gym (since I'm always working when they are happening), having lunch with some friends, and spoiling my husband who has to spend his days working while I don't!  It should be a great week.

We kicked up my great week-o-freedom with a fun-filled weekend.  We were planning on my parents coming into town on Sunday while they drove back home from Arlington visiting my grandparents.  However, I got a phone call on Saturday saying they were coming to our neck of the woods in about an hour.  It turns out that my grandmother's sister, who lives here in Austin, was in the hospital and not doing well.  My Mee Maw cannot drive, so it worked out perfectly that my parents were there already and able to bring her down.  So that was a special surprise to get to see her!  Though obviously not under the greatest circumstances.  Therefore, we saw my parents for lunch two days in a row!  It was great : )


Saturday night, we went out to Zilker park for Theater in the Park.  It's become a summer tradition.  This summer's production was Footloose and it was done very well.  Despite the annoying pre-pubescent boys behind us, it was a fun evening.  I look forward to many more years here in the Austin area doing fun Austin-y things with my husband and friends!



1 comment:

Miss Willow said...

I so wanna do these things with you!!