Monday, July 18, 2011

Endings

This past Saturday was such an epic day that Josh and I had been eagerly anticipating.  It was the finale of the Harry Potter movies!!!  (Don't worry, I'm not going to say anything about the actual movie, so don't go frantically looking for the red 'x' button at the top of this page for fear of reading something you don't want to).  Originally, Josh and I planned to be some of those crazy people that stood in line for hours for the midnight premier.  If you know me at all, you know this is definitely not the greatest decision we could have made because I would have most likely slept through the whole thing.  However, we wanted to make sure that we saw it before the media frenzy went crazy and the ending was ruined.  Luckily, I wised up and thought of a plan B to avoid both the crowd and the need to be awake until 3 am.  There is a theater here in town that allows you to reserve your seats up to two weeks in advance.  It's definitely more costly than a typical theater (a lot more costly actually...) but well worth it for the experience.  We got to show up only 15 minutes before the movie, sit in plush reclining chairs with our pillows and blankets, eat a meal, and soak up what I just might consider the best movie of the series.  There are moments of happiness, sadness, fear, excitement... you name it!  It was the perfect way to say good-bye to some fictional friends we've had the chance to get to know over a decade.


After the movie, we rushed home to finish cooking and getting the house ready for game night!  There are few things in life that make Josh and I happier than having friends over and trash-talking them all night over a board game.  Haha.  We had the opportunity to do that while getting to know some of the other church couples better.  I cannot say enough how blessed we have been to find Central this year and get plugged in with such incredible, honest, real, loving people.  We only wish we had transitioned sooner, but God knew what he was doing.  It's great to have other couples around us for the first time in our marriage who truly support and inspire us.  Not to mention, they are lots of fun : )

On a different note, this is my last week at my current job.  It's going to be very bittersweet leaving on Friday.  I've made such great relationships with the kids and their families and I'm sincerely going to miss them.  I wish I could take them with me.  But that's life.  Things come to an end so that new adventures may begin.  Funny how my life is lining up with the H.P. series!  So here's to the closing of one door so that the next may open!

1 comment:

Miss Willow said...

This post was awesomely nostalgic - love it!

Annnd! I get to see your face IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS crazy soon!!!!