Friday, March 26, 2010

Slacker...

(I wrote this last week but never published it... I guess that truly solidifies my title of this post!)

Well call me a slacker.  I'm only two months into this blog and I'm already falling behind!  The problem I have when I get behind on updating is that I have SO much to write.  It's hard to shuffle through it all and pick out what "my readers" would actually care about so I'm not writing a novel each entry.  So for the big updates:

Josh just interviewed this week for a new job position.  It is a step up from where he is.  While it does come with a raise, we are truly excited about this opportunity for the hopeful improvement in his quality of life.  It's a training type position, which is so relevant to his current endeavor into teaching.  His position won't start for another month, but at least there is a BEAUTIFUL light at the end of the tunnel!

This past Monday, Josh and I had the chance to host our bible study at our house.  It was such a blast!  I absolutely LOVE hosting people at our house.  I love setting out the real dishes with place setting, cooking meals and desserts, and getting to show off all the hard work we have put into making this apartment feel like a home.  However, there are definitely times that hosting people, especially new people, can feel daunting.  My husband showed me why I fell in love with him as he came through in a big way.  We spent a good portion of the day Sunday cleaning the house top to bottom.  Normally I wouldn't do this just because people were coming over, but it definitely needed it!  Instead of allowing all of this house work to overwhelm or stress me; however, it turned into a fun, productive day with my husband.  It's yet another example that we are created to be together.  If we can spend a day enjoying each other while cleaning toilets, vacuuming, painting a table, etc. I think we have a pretty darn good future!

On a future note, our calendar sure is filling up for the remainder of spring.  It's definitely wedding season!  We have fun, out-doorsy things on the agenda during April (a trip to caverns and a seperate camping trip), a wedding and Josh's family in May, another wedding and a lake trip in June.  Two weekends out of four over the next few months are already accounted for.  That's pretty insane!

1 comment:

Miss Willow said...

Hooray! So, he got the job then?!?! And, I'm glad the hosting went well :)