Thursday after work, I came home and immediately felt like death. After sleeping very little that evening, I quickly realized I was running a pretty high fever. My throat slowly started to aggrivate me, as well. Obviously this did not fare well for my dear plans. It only got worse as Friday morning continued on. The rest of my beautiful Friday was spent on the couch watching TV and sleeping, and then doing the same things in the bed once Josh came home at lunch and re-located me. I probably slept 8 of the 10 hours Josh was at work. After waking up to only feel WORSE, we cancelled our Houston plans and went to a doctor. Of course, regular doctor's offices aren't open on the weekends, so we had to go to a minor emergency clinic to get financially raped! (Sorry for the vulgarity, but that's about how it went down). We did get a prescription of out it, but no strep diagnosis, (which I was sure I had), just a "You have a virus that will have to heal itself in time." Why is everything always a virus with no cure? Thus Saturday was spent pretty much the same as Friday. Though, with Josh home, I stayed awake a bit more and basically turned him into my personal slave. He was SOOO good to me. I am very blessed to have such a patient, compassionate husband. I've always known patience was one of his greatest strengths, which works well since it's one of my biggest weaknesses, but putting up with a sick Elaine is even harder than putting up with a well Elaine. He even put up with me signing to him all day since it desperately hurt to talk.
Then came Sunday. After lounging around the house for a few hours, I finally felt God's healing hands upon me. The fever broke (for good this time), and little by little I was able to talk again. It's still not overly pleasant, but it's not miserable either. We were able to then squeeze a weekend of fun into a few hours. We went to lunch, went to buy a TV at Best Buy (that cost us $10... that story would require an entirely new post), and went to HEB. After never walking more than 10 feet to the bathroom over 3 days, it was EXHAUSTING maneuvering around stores, but these were errands that had to be done. And look at how pretty this TV is (despite Josh's severely lacking photography skills on this shot... he will spend 20 minutes taking a picture of water but puts 2 seconds into a picture I ask for... haha).
Since Lilly's birthday was basically overshadowed by my illness, we finally celebrated today. A friend from work told me a few weeks ago about ice cream cups that are made for dogs, Frosty Paws. I actually found them in the ice cream section at HEB and bought them for Lilly. Since there wasn't a serving size on it, I decided to only let her have half of one. I just can't picture it being ok to have the same serving size for a lab and a toy poodle... She LOVED it! To top the weekend off, she got to go play at a BBQ with Josh and some of his friends while I recouperated for my week ahead.
God has consistently taught me over the years not to look too far into the future while I'm making my plans. He tends to change those rather quickly after, I believe, gathering all of his angels to look on at my life with him and laugh. However, I figured I could plan a few simple days ahead. I guess I was WRONG! This was just a new reminder, that no matter how small the plans or the details of my life may be, (going to HEB, random trip to Houston, etc), God is in control of it all!
1 comment:
Love your positive outlook, inspite of not having as productive of a weekend as you had hoped. But you certainly did get a lot done for not feeling completely up to snuff! Good job, missy. Love the frosty paws, too!! So fun! Love you dearly, wish I could have been there to help out this weekend :(
Post a Comment