Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mayer Madness

Last night Josh and I FINALLY got to celebrate his birthday. I know you are thinking,"Elaine, his birthday was in December and you were in Jamaica. How could his celebration get any better?" And you would be right in asking that. However, we also spent his birthday at the airport and on planes coming home. For his birthday, back three months ago, I gave him the new John Mayer CD and tickets to his concert.

Last night, that concert finally arrived. I was very blessed to have my last client cancel so we were able to make it to the show just as it was starting. The opening act, Michael Franti & Spearhead, started the show off with a bang. Their music was great and Micheal was a wonderful entertainer, coming into the audience and pulling people on stage. Not to mention, their lyrics were uplifting, as opposed to Mr. Mayer's. Let's face it, Battle Studies was just a depressing album. It's a good thing I can't understand most of his lyrics so I can still appreciate the music.

Anywho, John gave a wonderful performance as well. I've always heard he was awkward on stage, but seeing him in person I was able to fully recognize that fact. The faces he makes and the "dance moves" he does are just bizarre. But that boy can play better than anyone I've ever seen or heard. I still don't get the female obsession, after all he's not so attractive, but he is very talented!

All in all, it was a truly wonderful evening. It's just fun getting to do things with my husband that we don't do every day. We spend most weekends at the dog park, going to movies, going shopping, etc. Therefore, doing anything a bit different seems like a mini adventure. I feel we have been very blessed over the past few months with these mini adventures: Jamaica (maybe not so mini), the Nutcracker, our night downtown, John Mayer... One could get used to this! If only money was unlimited.

All of this to say.... GO SEE MAYER IN CONCERT! You will NOOOOOT be disappointed!

P.S. I wish I had access to all of our pictures as I was writing these posts. I never go back and add them...

1 comment:

Miss Willow said...

MICHAEL FRANTI AND SPEARHEAD WHERE THERE?!?!?!?! OMG!!! Did they play "Say Hey"??? I'm totally dancing to that song at my wedding! {Get excited, chicky!}
Anywho, I'm glad you two had a fun time. Concerts are always a blast...well, almost always :) Post those pictures!!