I haven't posted in quite some time. We didn't make our pregnancy public until a few weeks ago and I just didn't know how to write a blog post without that information. After all, it really encompassed our life!
So to rewind a bit... After talking about babies for over a year, Josh and I (well really just Josh) decided we were ready to jump on this bandwagon called parenthood. The day we found out was the day after we got home from our mission trip. It was killing me while I was in Georgia, knowing I would be able to take a test and get an accurate result at that time. However, I didn't exactly want to take it in front of 30 girls from our youth group! Finally my moment came when we got home. The moment Josh left for work I ran to the bathroom to test. (It was really hard to wait for him to leave because I had to pee so badly!!) When those two lines showed up, I sat on the floor of the bathroom and cried. All I've wanted in my life is to be a wife and a mother, an God had completed that. Now came the waiting game. I tried to busy myself with chores while waiting for Josh to come home from lunch. When he eventually did, Lilly was waiting to greet him (as usual) with a "big sister" shirt on (not as usual). I was slightly nervous about his reaction. I wanted him to be excited instead of terrified in that initial moment. Luckily, he was. (Though I'm still pretty sure a good portion of that was acting for my sake).
The next couple of weeks were so hard to keep our secret! We saw my brother's family and almost all of Josh's family in that time. But we hadn't been to the doctor yet and we didn't want to be wrong.
That first doctor appointment was amazing. We got to have an ultrasound and see the "baby." (It wasn't much of anything at that point). They gave us our due date of April 8th and sent us on our way. Over the next few weeks we began telling family and very close friends. We went to lunch with my parents to tell them. (This definitely did not go as planned since my insane morning sickness had just kicked in and driving didn't work out too well... But that's another long story). The look of shock on their faces was priceless. Our poor waiter was probably so confused on what was happening when dad all of a sudden couldn't place our drink order. Later we sent out announcements to the rest of the family and then slowly began announcing to friends before the eventual Facebook status was posted.
Ad excited as I was to be pregnant and feel life inside of me, I honestly never even considered the possibility that I would feel other horrible things inside of me. The beginning of week six brought awful morning sickness that lasted about 7 weeks. (It still rears its ugly head on occasion, but in less extreme ways). My mom always had pretty easy pregnancies and I just assumed that was a genetic thing. NOPE!! To make matters worse, week six was also the week that I started back at work for the school year. It was so hard getting my butt out of bed every morning to go to work when all I wanted to do was lie there and die a slow death. (Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but I sure felt that way at the time). Not to mention, my gag reflex was crazy and every sound and smell would trigger it at the most random of times! Praise the Lord for having an old kindergarten classroom that has a private bathroom! It would have been really hard to hide my pregnancy if I was puking in the teacher's lounge multiple times a day!
This past week I finally started to see the beginnings of a bump forming. Other than the sickness, I really haven't felt pregnant yet. I look forward to feeling those first movements and watching my belly grow with the baby. We also find out gender in less than three weeks (election day) and I'm soo ready for that. This mega type A momma is ready to start buying stuff and planning for this little nugget!
So to sum up, sorry it's been a long time, but it was worth the wait right??
Ps- other life events will be posted soon. This was long enough with the baby info!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment