First, we had a date night at the park. We had a picnic and then let Lilly frolic through the Bluebonnets.
The next weekend we went to Arlington. Blake's soccer team was playing SMU, so the ENTIRE Smith clan loaded up and went to watch. It's not every day (or year for that matter) that his games are in Texas. This was actually the first one. So we took advantage of it. (All the actual family pictures and soccer pictures are on Josh's camera, so you get the cute kids instead). Blake scored both goals in the 2-1 win : )
Another fun date night where we went and TRIED to fly kites. Apparently when you buy them at the dollar store for 50 cents each, they don't really fly. Instead, they just rocket back to the earth.
I also had a VERY crafty month. One day, my 8th graders from church and my co-teachers came over for a t-shirt making day. This was an inside joke from one day in Sunday school. We decided to turn it into a shirt : )
The first weekend in May some dear friends and I got to host a baby shower for another dear friend. She's OBSESSED with Wizard of Oz, so we used that as our theme. I could KICK myself, because I didn't take a single photo the actual day of the shower. I completely forgot in all the hooplah of hosting. But to give you an idea of what all we did:
-The food all had clever names (i.e. "Melted Witch Punch" for green punch, "Glinda's Magic Wands" for star-shaped cookies on sticks, "Yellow Bricks From the Yellow Brick Road" for rice krispie treats, "Tin Man's Oil" for tea, etc.)
-Munckin Land Lollipop Stand with cute lollipops
-Yellow brick road as you walked in the house
-Wizard of Oz Taboo
-Diaper Cake with Oz character rubber duckies and ruby red slippers for the baby girl (see above)
There were other activities not related to the theme, as well. It was sooo much fun planning this party! I would love to have one once a month. I just need to hurry up and have some kids so I have birthday parties to plan! But in the mean time... anyone need a party planner??
The last weekend in April, my mom and her sister, Marsha, and my cousin, Melissa, all came to Austin. They were coming to attend a particular craft fair on Friday while I was at work. We planned to go again on Saturday, but they didn't really feel like going back. So we had a fun day exploring South Austin. They even used some teamwork to find their grandmother's old house. It was cool to experience that with them.
Lastly, this past weekend we had our first-ever garage sale! Woo Hoo! It's a lot more exciting in theory than in reality. And I think we only made a whopping $50. Donating items just might be the way to go!
Over the next few weeks, there's a lot going on. Blake is coming to "live" with us for part of the next month. He will be playing with the Austin Aztex for some professional experience. Then it's Memorial Day and I think my family will be coming to see us for that weekend. Lastly, school will be out and it will be VACATION TIME! Get ready for some fun posts from all the excitement we have planned this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment