Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GREAT Weekend

I think somehow the planets aligned, my fairy godmother popped in, or God was just feeling generous.  Eitherway, this past weekend was a GREAT weekend!  The funny thing is, it really wasn't planned, it just spontaneously turned wonderful.

Friday night we spent the evening at a Round Rock Express game.  Josh's company had tickets for their box that they were giving out.  It wasn't really supposed to be, "bring your wife along" night, but he did anyway.  There's something relaxing and enjoyable about going to a baseball game.  (Only every now and then...)


Saturday I slept in until 8:30!!!  For those of you who know me well, you understand how INSANE that notion is.  (Do you remember that part I said about planets aligning??)  Josh and I had planned to get up and go to Lake Georgetown at this point to beat the heat.  However, an alarm on my phone went off at that time reminding me that I had a massage appointment that morning.  (It's a good thing I put alarms in my phone... I would never remember ANYTHING on my own).  This is the point where you are thinking I'm a much fancier person than I really am.  No, I do not get massages regularly.  In fact, the only massage I'd had prior to this one was on our honeymoon because it was included in the package.  This one was a Living Social deal Josh had given me for my birthday.  It was about to expire, so I finally scheduled it.  I wasn't sure how it would be getting a massage along.  (The honeymoon one was a couples massage).  It was a bit weird at first, but then AMAZGING!  I wallet better watch out or I just might get addicted!

When I got home, Josh and I headed out to the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Georgetown.  It's the GREATEST store!  They have tons of building materials and home items for a fraction of the price.  We were going to look for cabinets because I want to make a bench seat out of cabinets.  Unfortunately, we couldn't find any that matched each other to create a whole bench out of.  But Josh did find some cool tiles to use as table tops in his woodworking.

Finally it was time for the lake!  We had recently heard that Lake Georgetown had some great hiking trails.  Since leaving Waco, we have missed having good hiking within a short drive.  There are many places in Austin with good trails, they are all just too far from us.  Georgetown was a bit of a treck also, but it was beautiful!  And the trail we hiked took us right to the lake. 


That night we had dinner with an old Baylor buddy of mine who has just moved to the area, and his fiance. It was at this place called Noodles & Company. It was such a unique, fun place! We will definitely go back!

Sunday after church, we planned to go to lunch at a bistro in downtown Georgetown before hitting an estate sale. We could NOT find this place once we got there. We walked around for a little while before settling on a different restaurant. Boy am I glad we did. They had the most delicious brunch. I was trying to be healthy and not get my normal dessert for breakfast. However, they had pancakes like "Texas Peach Pecan" and "White Chocolate Blueberry." I was good and got migas instead. But they sure did look great! Also, with each meal they bring out a plate of fresh fruit and white chocolate raspberry scones for an appetizer. BEST SCONES EVER! We will be going here again, too! (I sure do like food).

The rest of Sunday was just a relaxing day with some baking and cleaning tied in.

All around, it was a fabulous fluke of a weekend. I wouldn't mind having many more like it : )

On a side note, the little bro just got to town last night.  He will be living with us off and on for the next month or so.  Josh is very excited to have someone else to play with : )

No comments: