The universe is definitely trying to dampen my usual Christmas spirit by providing me with the cold to end all colds. I spent Thursday night through Sunday morning basically unconscious thanks to a cocktail of antihistamines, decongestants, fever and pain reducers, cough drops and even VICKS!!! (If you knew me during my childhood, you'd know what a big deal it is that I even let that stuff in my house.) You should have seen our bathroom counter top; it looked like we were opening our own pharmacy. I actually took a picture and decided it could be used for a CVS ad. I've decided, after a week of dealing with this, I must have the dreaded Cedar Fever, which means all of these symptoms will probably last for a while. One of the great perks of living in the Austin area, I guess!
Luckily, by Sunday afternoon, I was finally feeling ready to leave my bedroom. I couldn't have "healed" at a more perfect time either. As a part of the Broadway Across America season tickets we bought this year, we had tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes. And let me tell you, it was spectacular! Josh wasn't initially looking overly forward to this production, but by the end, even he was singing its praises. The music was fun and festive, mixing old favorites with new, the dances were creative and impressive (even though I know that once upon a time, I had kicks better than some of those girls), and the costumes and sets were magnificent. It was a great family event. After what I thought was already an incredible show, they did something that completely and utterly surprised me; they presented the true Christmas story. In this overly p.c., self-centered, "American Dream" country where we live, it's so rare to actually encounter true Christian presentations outside of the church. The Radio City version of the Christmas story was accurate, inspired, and bold. They didn't hold back or try to be politically correct, and it was refreshing. It's nice to know God is still given a place in this country, even when we don't see it very often.
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas wherever you are and with whomever you are while we all remember the true meaning of the day.
1 comment:
So glad you finally licked that bug and that Radio City gets Christmas - what a wonderfully pleasant surprise. See you oh so soon!!!!
Post a Comment