Friday, December 17, 2010

Josh's Bday Weekend

As I posted before, Monday was Josh's birthday.  We celebrated the entire weekend before.  It's easy to find things to do to celebrate when his birthday is so close to Christmas. 

Friday night, we attended our church's Christmas choir production.  It was a great reminder about how this holiday season should be spent.  After that, despite the fact that the weekend was supposed to be about him, my wonderful husband took me on a surprising drive.  I thought we were simply going to look at Christmas lights, little did I know that Josh had done some research and found an incredible light display right down the street from our house.  The lights coordinated with music on a radio station that was broadcasted from the house itself.  I'd seen a YouTube video once upon a time like this, but never imagined I'd see something like it in person.  See the video below to see how miraculous it was!



On Saturday night, thanks to some help from Groupon, we went to dinner at The Melting Pot for the official birthday dinner.  It was such a fun experience.  The entire meal took two hours.  It took me back to dinners in Italy with all of the courses and conversation.  Did I mention the food was DELICIOUS?!?!


Finally, to top off the weekend, one of Josh's best friends planned a surprise dinner for him.  I was worried all weekend that Josh would find out, but as we walked in and saw his work friends, he was completely flabbergasted.  All in all, I'd say it was a very successful birthday weekend.  I like spoiling him!

No comments: