Yes, I enjoy Thanksgiving and I still have my fall decorations up as well so as not to overlook it, but there is no greater feeling than having my home completely done up for the Christmas season. However, I haven't completely overdone it... yet. As of now only the tree is up.
The reason for that is that my side of the family is coming to our place for Thanksgiving. I am SOOO excited to have the family in our home for the first time, especially for such a great occasion. (I'm sure there will be a blog post on that at a later date).
To continue with the holiday spirit, my two favorite Christmas-time movies have been removed from the media cabinet, and one has already been watched. There is no greater way to wrap presents (which is thoroughly entertaining on its own with all the ribbons and trinkets) than with the sound of Will Ferrell singing Christmas carols in the background. There are still many holiday favorites to experience over the next month before the big day actually rolls around: putting up the rest of the decor, putting up lights, drinking hot chocolate, making a fire in the fireplace, pulling out my Christmas CDs with my classic favorite songs, driving through neighborhoods to look at lights, etc.
Lilly has even been getting overly excited about the upcoming holiday season, as evident by the video below. (Her excitement actually has nothing to do with the holiday season, but I just wanted to include this video).
I hope you all enjoy your own Thanksgiving with your family and/or friends. We have so much to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment