Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Adventures

The past two weekends have been full of fun for the Ponder duo. Last weekend we got to take our first trip to Houston as a couple. We spent the majority of the weekend with Melody (Josh's sister) and her husband Ryan. It was a nice chance for the four of us to finally spend good quality time together and really start developing good relationships. I was very excited to have that time.

After rolling in late Friday night and not sleeping more than about 2-3 hours (thanks Lilly), we woke up on Saturday for a fun-filled day. First, Melody cooked us omlettes and home-made biscuits. This was only the second time in my life I recall eating an omlette. My mom swears she made them for us as kids, but I have no memory of this event taking place. Next, we went downtown (about 5 minutes from their house) to the museum district. It was a really pretty area. We ended up going to the natural history museum, and as they tend to be, it was interesting. Unfortunately, the best parts (the butterfly room and observatory) cost extra to go in, so we missed out on those. It was a good, cultural morning.

After the museum, Melody and Ryan drove us around some of the schmancy neighborhoods downtown where the Exxon execs live. There were some NICE homes in there! Too bad I will never make enough money in my whole career to buy one of those. After our driving tour, we ended up at the Studio Movie Grill (or something like that) to see When in Rome. The movie was cute, but the experience was incredible. I think the other three found my over-zealousness about the theater to be a bit unneccessary, but I was hooked! It's the kind of theater where you get to order food and have your own table. I LOVED IT!

We rounded out the weekend by going to church with Josh's best man, Brandon, who is a wonderful, dear friend. It was a short and sweet visit with him, but a nice visit none-the-less.

And of course, throughout all of this, Josh was snapping pictures and impressing all of us with his "eye" for photographic moments.

This weekend we thought we would piggy back off of last weekend by going to our own food-serving-theater. Too bad the Alamo Draft House is NOTHING like the Studio Movie Grill. We were very disappointed. We also had a nice evening at the house with one of Josh's work friends watching the Super Bowl and enjoying all of the Doritos commercials.

Now it is back to the daily grind of work and not seeing eachother in the evenings. This week has some exciting things on the agenda, too, however. Tonight we have bible study with our sweet church friends and this weekend we are spending an evening at a B&B in Wimberley. It will be nice to just get away for a night and enjoy each other's company. I'm sure Josh will have some great photo opps there, too. We will keep you updated on how all of that goes.

No comments: