Thursday, February 18, 2010

V-Day

I wanted to inform all of you about my first Valentine's day with my favorite Valentine. In order to tell the whole story, I have to go back to the beginning. About three weeks ago, Josh was having one of his days when he truly hated his job (shocker, I know), and so he wanted to take off a Friday and have a long weekend. However, being the evil wife that I am, I forced him to wait a few weeks so as not to waste a vacation day. (Granted, using a day for personal sanity probably isn't wasting it in the long run). Therefore, the day he got approved to take off fell on February 12th. So as not to waste that vacation day, we decided we should actually do something with it. At this point, it was only about a week before said vacation day, so there wasn't really any time to plan something grand. After searching every website for B&B', we finally came across one that was available Valentine's weekend and didn't cost a fortune. After some emails back and forth with the proprietor, the scenario got even better. They were going to let us bring Lilly (for no additional cost), there was a fenced in area for her to roam, they only required us to stay one night, and they didn't care what time we got there or when we left! After my research on B&B's in the area, all of those things are un-heard of. To find ALL of them in one place.... ON VALENTINE'S WEEKEND, I REITERATE, was just insane!

Research done. Plans made. We were set to go! Friday morning we got up and drove the short drive to Wimberley, TX, home of antique stores, home-cookin' restaurants, and country. The actual "B&B," (note I use the term loosely because it was really more of a cottage), was set on a 150 acre goat farm among hills and natural springs. It was beautiful. The house had a bedroom, bathroom (with jacuzzi), living room, kitchen, and porch with rocking chairs. We absolutely did not want to leave to go back to our apartment. It was very nice only having to open a door to let Lilly out to the bathroom! After settling in, we went to explore the town a bit. We drove the streets of Wimberley and walked through most of the shops on the square. While it wasn't a truly eventful trip, it was so nice to simply get away and do something different for a night. (Pictures to come from the B&B).

Once back in Round Rock, we spent the rest of the weekend being absolutely lazy, and loving every minute of it!

This week, it has been back to business as usual. Though there has been one small change to the week. Josh has spent the two previous mornings observing in high school science classes in a local school district. It has definitely reinforced his desire to teach... and to leave his current job! It has been nice as his wife to see him get excited about part of his day! In God's timing (hopefully come August), he will finally get to fulfill this desire.

Tomorrow afternoon my Mom is coming in town for a few hours. As she is my best friend, I always love when she comes to visit. Even if we are just going and running errands (which is usually all we do together), we manage to have fun doing it! We are also having the first ever game night at our place tomorrow night. Hopefully it's a hit and we can have one regularly. I appreciate any excuse to play board games, and I think we have finally found some others who share that passion/child-like interest.

I hope this post finds you all doing well and feeling blessed in life. I also hope it finds you blessing others' lives!

No comments: