Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My girls (aka Josh) did very well this year! I MAAAAY have guilted J into doing a good job this year. This was now my third Mother's Day and the first two had been a bit lacking. In all fairness, last year we were traveling home from San Diego, so there wasn't much else J could have done. But he clearly wanted to make it up to me and he sure did!

That morning I woke up to French toast and eggs followed by presents. Kassidy got me a book to read to her, Samantha got me this beautiful wall ruler (made by her daddy), and J got me an automatic car starter so I can start my car with the press of a button this summer when I'm hauling two kids and the car is 150* inside. I'm very excited by all three! 

Then it was time for church. This was the first time we'd been to church as a family in a month!! We'd been tag-teaming while one of us stayed home with our sick eldest all month. It was wonderful to get back into a normal Sunday routine! Also, there was a great message to challenge moms (and dads) about raising our children with bravery and faith.  Next it was lunch at home, again, made by J. 

The BEST gift of the day came after lunch when both girls slept for over 3 hrs at the same time!! I know! My jaw is still hanging on the floor. Neither one had taken a great nap like that all month, especially not at the same time. It was GLORIOUS! I watched a movie, dozed a little myself, and ate some of this decadent homemade raspberry cheesecake J made me. (Ignore how messy it looks in this picture...)
After naps and afternoon playtime, we went out for dinner for some greasy, cheesy pizza. J had planned to make me dinner, but I wanted to get out of the house. 

Lastly, I got snuggle time with both girls after their baths when I put them to bed. 

I am one blessed momma! My motherhood experience hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies this last month, so it made me that much more appreciative of a day with rest and fun. We haven't had many of those recently! But despite hard days, I have two beautiful, healthy daughters I get to spend time with each day and a loving, supportive husband who takes great care of all of us. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you other mommies!


No comments: