Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday, the last before "old age" kicks in. Clearly I'm kidding. And frankly, I don't have any issue with getting older and adding numbers to my age. I have a fun and blessed life and a number won't change that. 

Yesterday proved how fun and blessed this life is. My sweet husband took good care of me. He started my day with waffles in bed. 
The morning was spent snuggling with my girls and then taking them to run a few errands before meeting J for lunch. With my birthday freebie, we only spent $3 for the three of us to eat. K slept through lunch. (If you don't get free food for your birthday, you're not living life correctly. See my list below of the places I've eaten for free this week).
The rest of the afternoon was low-key due to dreary winter weather. We planned to go out to dinner, but made J pick up Olive Garden instead. We made a fire and ate a delicious dinner followed by cookie cake while enjoying our family time. 
My greatest birthday present has been from Kassidy. She only woke up to feed once the last two nights! This is HUGE since she was waking up as often as every hour since birth. Just two nights ago she would wake up only 30 minutes after putting her down. 

All in all, it was a nice and calm birthday. I'm one luck lady!

As I mentioned above, I get a lot of free food during my birthday month. These are the places I've taken advantage of:
Schlotszkys- free sandwich
Which which- free sandwich
Olive Garden- $6 or free dessert
Bjs- 20% off take out and pizookie
Chilis- dessert
DQ- bogo blizzards
Mimi's- free dessert
Dickies- free sandwich
Noodle and co- free bowl 
Red robin- free burger
Fudds- bogo burger 
Longhorn steakhouse- dessert
Gigis- free cupcake 
Einstein- free breakfast sandwich
Firehouse- free sandwich 
Jersey Mikes- free sandwich

There are many others. Just google a list and sign up today!!

No comments: