Sunday, July 6, 2014

15 months

We have made it past 15 months and she's still alive and kicking! She even seems generally happy and in the realm of normal development. I guess we are doing something right!

Please forgive me for not posting at 14 months. As I mentioned in our last post, life has been crazy with our move and that obviously just got overlooked. But the older she's getting, the less there really is to write about. So for now, the highlights of her 15th month...

-FINALLY deciding to walk! She took her first steps weeks before deciding she was actually ready to start cruising. But now she's definitely a biped. 
-Her communication skills have tripled this month. She says more, imitates more, signs more, and understands WAY too much for someone her age!
-The feeding strike. This has been the hardest thing in the last two months. Things she once loved are now thrown on the floor, shoved away, cried over, etc. Just this last week she actually ate a FEW bites of meat and fruit. She hadn't touched those in a while. She's still refusing vegetables and would prefer her diet to only consist of bread products and cheese. Ok cookies would be fine too. 

-I think I've written before about her shoe obsession, but it only increases by the day. She demands to be wearing them at all times. She also wants all people around her to be wearing them. 

-Heat rashes. This girl SWEATS!!! I mean a lot! I will be perfectly comfortable and she will have beads dripping down her face. I don't get it. Unfortunately, her hot and sweaty nature leads to heat rashes all around her neck and under her chin. It's sad actually :( We will talk to the pediatrician about this when we go in a few weeks. 
-Climbing on everything! She will climb on chairs, moving box towers (this actually happened), beds, toys, etc. Luckily she's getting better at getting down from them without killing herself ;)

Stats:
I'll update her stats when we go to the doctor also. 

No comments: