As I mentioned in the previous post, yet ANOTHER weekend of
travel was upon us. This time the
destination was Houston. Again, we were
traveling to go see Blake play while he was in Texas. Since he lives in Montreal, it’s not very
often that we get to see him during the season.
So yet again, we packed up the car (sans Lilly this time--- thanks Kira
for taking good care of her!) and headed out 290.
 |
| I know this is blurry, but she looked so cute in her Impact outfit. |
We got to Brad’s house at lunchtime and met up with his
family and my parents. We got to enjoy a
low-key lunch at the house. Just like
the previous weekend, it was pouring rain on Saturday. (Why did it feel the need to be gorgeous all
week and then rainy and miserable only on the days we had to travel and sit
outside at soccer games??) After lunch, we put S down for her nap and headed to
see Josh’s sister, Melody, and meet our newest niece, Rebecca. It was crazy to me that a whole year has
already passed (almost) since Samantha was sleeping in our arms like this! Since Samantha was napping back in Cypress,
she didn’t get to meet Rebecca. I’m
excited for them to get a bit older and play together.


Then it was back to Cypress to feed Samantha and hang out
with the family a bit longer before heading downtown for the Dynamo game. Haley was AMAZING and watched Samantha along
with two of her own that night so Josh and I could both go. We left her having lots of fun with her cousin Camdyn.
Unlike in Dallas, Blake actually got to play
this week, so I’m very thankful we were both there to watch him. There were SO many people there to see
Blake. As I said, it’s RARE that he’s
playing in Texas, so many people made the trip to watch him. Also unlike in Dallas, we actually got a
chance to hang out with him a bit after the game. In Dallas, I merely got to touch his hand
from a distance and talk for 30 seconds.
This still wasn’t enough time with him, but I’ll take what I can get!
 |
| Before the game, sitting in the rain. We were super-early. I promise other people were there later : ) |
 |
| After the game waiting for Uncle Blake. Again, the stands are empty. But REALLY there were people there! |
 |
| All the people who came to support Blake and proudly wore their blue among a stadium of orange. |
 |
| With Uncle Blake. I'm still hoping some of the dripping liquid coming from his body was rain water and not just sweat... |
Sunday morning, (after Samantha woke up at 5:30), we got to
briefly celebrate our nephew’s 6
th birthday before they headed to
church and we headed home. It was yet
another fast and furious weekend, but a good one none-the-less. I love getting to see family and letting
Samantha get to know them. That being
said, I also love the fact that we were NOT traveling this weekend!
 |
| With the big 6 year old! |
No comments:
Post a Comment