Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ho Ho Homicide


There's no better way to celebrate Christmas than by making one of your best friends a murderer, right?!?  I've always wanted to attend a murder mystery party, and recently I decided I would go ahead and throw my own.  When researching some, I found the idea of doing a holiday themed party.  I got really excited, sent out the invitations, and started writing the story.  It took QUITE a bit of time and effort coming up with 12 characters and coordinating how all the information would get out throughout the night.  But it was a blast doing it all.  At 7:00, our friends arrived (most in great costumes) and we sat down to dinner to get started.  I had a "mug shot" picture spot set up for when everyone got here.
Samantha helping with the test shot
Jangle Elf - Toy Production 
Kris Krangle - engaged to Connie Claus (Santa's daughter)
Connie Claus- Santa's daughter (hates Christmas)
Blinky Elf- Elf suck up extraordinaire

 

Snappy Elf- in charge of naughty/nice list and best friends with the deceased
Holly Elf - Candy production
Sparky Elf- smartest elf and head of electronics
Bouncy Elf- in charge of the reindeer
Mrs. Claus
Santa Claus
Ivy Elf- husband recently died
Spanky Elf- makes a north pole version of the naughty/nice list
We started dinner and the mystery was afoot!  We discovered who had been murdered and then jumped into the interrogations.  Everyone did such a great job getting into their characters and their roles.  It was fun to see people putting spins on their characters that I hadn't written and really making them their own.  Even though I had written the story, there was plenty I didn't see coming: one elf starting a political campaign, a husband calling his wife a "slut" due to her promiscuous character, one elf being "FUYURIOUS" a lot, the murder weapon (a broken candy cane) getting blood on it, one elf claiming to have naughty pictures of the other, etc.  I have some creative and dramatic friends!



 


 



At the end of the rounds, everyone got to make their predictions (not a single person guessed my twist) and vote for the best actor and costume.  I could kick myself for not getting pictures of these two with their trophies.  But Santa was voted best costume and my beloved was voted best actor.  Here is a picture of his "Best Actor" trophy that I took the next day.  The other trophy had a reindeer on top.

And one of the best parts of this party was LEFTOVERS!!!
This may have to become an annual tradition.  MAYBE...


No comments: