Here's another recommendation list of baby products, this time 6-9 month edition. Obviously Samantha isn't interested in the same things she loved when she was 4 months old. Nor is she needing the same things. So without further ado, this is my list:
TOYS:
*LeapFrog learning table- any learning table would work. But I like this one because the legs are removable for when baby isn't ready to pull to standing yet. Once he/she can pull up, though, it encourages it!
*Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo- So much entertainment for little one! It also strengthens baby's legs. And once baby starts crawling, it's a great way to contain him/her for a moment!!
*Melissa & Dough toys! I've always loved this brand because of the sturdy wooden pieces. Samantha has been particularly found of these puzzles. Clearly she's not using them as puzzles yet, but she loves to eat the pieces. And you can use the pieces to go along with songs to teach vocabulary, also. This farm puzzle is our favorite one : )
*Fisher Price Little People- just like the puzzles, Samantha mostly just chews the people. However, it's good learning for her. We play with the doll house and talk about the different rooms and people.
***Cups, bowls, spoons, straws, Kleenex boxes, oatmeal containers, etc- the things that AREN'T toys make the best toys!
FEEDING:
*Baby Bullet- Making my own baby food has been such a joy. I love knowing what is going into Samantha's body. Any food processor could work. Sometimes I use my Ninja blender for large batches. The thing I like about the Bullet is the storage system with little containers for feeding on the go.
*Gerber Soft Bite Spoons- These are my favorite spoons for feeding because of the soft tips. They protect baby's gums when chewing and chin when Mommy has to scrape food off.
*Highchair- ours was a hand-me-down and I've realized it really doesn't matter what kind you use! I do like that the tray on ours has a top that is easily removable for washing. I know many moms use the Bumbo for feeding, but Samantha does much better in a full-fledged high chair.
BATHING:
*Munchkin Safety Baby Bath Cradle- When baby moves to the big bathtub, this is a way to bath him/her more safely without little bottom slip n slide!
*Munchkin Squirtin Sea Buddies- Samantha loves these! They could also go under the toy category or teething because I usually have one in her diaper bag, her carseat, and her toy bin. She loves to chew on them! They are also fun to squirt in the bathtub. But just be sure to squirt out the water at the end of bath time so they don't get moldy inside.
TEETHING:
*BIBS! It doesn't matter what bibs. I know many moms have their favorites. The thing that I struggled with for the longest time, though, was finding bibs that weren't PINK for Samantha. She has so many outfits that are blue, red, green, etc., and I had no bibs to match! Finally I found a cheap pack at Target with LOTS of colors (shout out to Kira Church for recommending them). They have a boy pack and a girl pack (girl is pictured). I bought both just to have all the colors.
*Infantino Ring-a-Links Teething Rings- These have been one of Samantha's favorite things since about 3 months. They are easy to hold and great for teething gums. They also clip onto strollers, carseats, etc. so baby doesn't drop them on the ground. I liked this brand best because of the variety of textures and shapes.
*Freezable teething rings- any brand works.
*Sophie the Giraffe- This was purchased for us. I would never have spent $20 on a glorified chew toy, but alas, Samantha does love it and Sophie has lived up to all the hype!
BABYPROOFING:
*Table and corner guards- I bought this set off Amazon for our coffee table. It blends nicely without looking tacky.
*Safety 1st Childproofing Kit- again, any set is fine. Just make sure you buy one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment