This past weekend, Josh and I went on a short "babymoon" to enjoy our last moments of being a family of two. When we decided we wanted to do this, we didn't know if I would feel well enough to fly anywhere, so we looked at places within a short driving distance and decided on Granbury, TX. I found an adorable bed and breakfast online and enough things to do in the area to make it fun. Saturday morning we slept in and then drove to Waco. We couldn't check in at our B&B until 3:00, so we made a morning of it in Waco. First, we went to Cafe Cappuccino for our FAVORITE pancakes ever! They were just as amazingly delicious as always. We then went to Cameron Park to do some "hiking" (I put it in quotations, because hiking at 7 months pregnant isn't real hiking) and take some maternity shots. This was really special because we took shots where Josh proposed. (I'll post some of these later. I need to go through them all).
From there we went on to Granbury. The B&B was just as adorable and wonderful as the website made it appear. http://www.pomhouse.com/ It was a small space consisting of 4 or 5 little cottages. Ours was tucked back in the back, so it was really private. It was beautiful and comfortable. And even Lilly was welcome!
That night we grabbed burgers from a local joint that was raved about on Yelp (it was only mediocre in my opinion) and took them to the local drive-in movie. It was a double feature of Parental Guidance and Jack Reacher. We had already seen the latter, so we left after the first movie. I would see all movies this way if we had a drive-in. It was so fun!
Saturday morning we woke up and ate a DELICIOUS breakfast at the B&B before heading down the road to Glen Rose to go to Fossil Rim. I remember going to Fossil Rim as a child, but it's been MANY years. It was just as much fun as I remembered. These animals are obviously used to people, because they would come right up to the car, and some would even stick their heads in the window to try to get food. The giraffes and the ostriches were definitely the most aggressive about it. Josh and I laughed hysterically for a good portion of this drive (we were there about 3 hours). Most of the animals we saw were in the deer/elk family. But there were quite a few other animals as well. Here's a selection of some of my favorite pictures. We took A LOT!
Monday morning (yes we took Monday off), we had another great breakfast at the B&B, took a few more maternity shots and then began the drive back to RR. We took a short pit stop in Salado for lunch. The plan was to do some shopping there, but that would have required getting in and out of the car a lot, so we vetoed that once we got there.
It was such a restful, fun weekend. Our life in the Ponder family is about to change quite drastically, so it was really wonderful to enjoy time with my husband and celebrate our marriage before we are parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment