Well folks, it's official, wedding season has begun! I'm sure it really started about a month ago, but for Josh and me, this past weekend was our kick-off. We had the joy of getting to go to Boerne for the first time since Christmas! I feel like we have seen Mom and Dad regularly since Christmas, so it was a shocker when I realized it was our first trip there. It was nice to get to relax with the rents for an extended period of time all together. Typically, M&D come on Fridays when Josh is working so he misses out, or we just meet up for a meal. It was also nice to see my pups!
Saturday we got up and went yard/garage/estate sale shopping. I hadn't done that in YEARS so it was a lot of fun for me. I managed to make it out without spending a dime... but I helped Mom spend some of her dimes! (I'm always good at helping others spend their money... don't take me shopping if you are on a budget! I guess I have to shop vicariously through others). At one yard sale, the family used to breed Australian Shephards. They even had a mini! This is the breed Josh and I are looking into for our next puppy-child. It was great to get to interact with them. And I really enjoyed seeing the mini-though I think Josh is content with one mini pup.
That night was my friend Lindsey's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and a GORGEOUS reception. I wouldn't let Josh take his massive camera because I didn't want him to look like one of the photogs, thus we didn't get any pictures of the event. ***(On a side note, I know my blog is probably boring because it is always lacking in photos, but Josh takes all of the pictures, and I never write these posts on his computer where the pictures are!)*** We had such a WONDERFUL surprise at the wedding. One of my dearest, loveliest, most favorite friends was there! Miss Kali Thorman! It was such an incredible blessing to get to spend quality time with her! Her boyfriend was friends with Lindsey in college, thus her connection to the wedding. Kali and Dawson, her boyfriend, were at our wedding in October, but the bride never gets to spend great quality time with any one person. It was the first time we were able to really hang out since graduation! I absolutely love that girl!
The whole weekend was very relaxing and uplifting. So wedding season, I tip my hat to you and welcome you with open arms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment