Saturday, July 4, 2015

Seven Months


We are now on the downhill side of the first year. This month has been FULL of firsts! 

-First swing with sissy at a playground!
-First time riding in the stroller out of her car seat. 
-First attack on Lilly. (Sorry Lil but it won't be the last!)
-First bath sitting in the big tub. 
-First sitting up by herself (and thus lowering of the crib).
-First time holding her own bottle. S helps too ;)
-First solids! We skipped rice cereal with her and went right to bananas. So far this month she's also eaten zucchini, sweet potatoes, mango, apples, pears, prunes, and avocado. Unfortunately, she's also spent most of the month constipated as her little body is learning to adjust to digesting real food :(

-FINALLY SLEEPING CONSISTENTLY THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! I had a feeling solids would do it, and I was right. Within a few days, she was sleeping like a champ. She was just hungry ;) She also goes down more easily. Until this month, I always had to nurse her into a deep sleep before I could put her down. Now she can often put herself down if I just put her in bed. 
-She has started pinching me this month. I'll just be holding her and she goes to grab my arm and pinches. It's fun...
-She's weaned from all of her reflux medicine now! This does mean more spit up... but she's not uncomfortable. 
-Producing her /b/ sound. Her speech isn't as developed as Samantha's was at this age. I blame the paci addiction. The SLP in me hates these dang pacis, but the momma who likes to maintain sanity just can't fathom pulling the plug yet!
-She started having some separation anxiety and "stranger danger" attitude this month. She cries with most people who aren't mommy :(
-She is SOO close to crawling! She's always practicing, (even in her bed at the expense of sleep) and getting ready. She's mastered the hands and knees rock and can move a hand or knee before she falls.
 
-Her first 4th of July!!




Stats:
Weight:??
Height:??
Diapers: size 2
Clothing: 6 months

Samantha update:
-She's had some issues with her sleep again this month. More crying in bed for hours and she still won't let anyone but mommy put her down. 
It's always fun to go get her out of bed in the morning and find this... (It's not chocolate!)
There's been SOO MUCH SWIMMING!
She learned to climb into K's bed...
She loves her swim suits!


No comments: