We got to Boerne Friday afternoon (after some last minute scrambling and changed plans). Samantha was so excited to be there! I think Nana and Pops' house feels more like home to her now than our current house. She loved driving in their neighborhood and seeing the animals, getting to go feed them in the morning, going on the golf cart, etc. It was as if we never left!
That evening Brad's family joined us and we all headed into SA to meet up with Blake for dinner. It was great getting to see him and actually sit with him for a little while. 









Saturday we got up and had a low key day around the house. Stephen and his family joined us before lunch. (I have no pictures of them. But in all fairness, I didn't take a single picture during the weekend and all of these were stolen from Mom, Josh, or Haley). I love watching Samantha get older and play with her cousins. She wants to be doing everything they are doing. The sweetest part was hearing nearly 3-year-old Camdyn say "hi my cousing Samantha" and "this is my cousin Samantha", etc. These girls have to stick together! And soon they will outnumber the boys!
That night Blake was playing in SA. The game didn't start until after Samantha's bedtime and was an hour away. We knew that would only lead to a hard night for each of us, so I stayed at the house with her. (It was probably best because I had been having pretty significant pregnancy pain all day. Number 2 is so much harder than number 1!!) But that meant a night of playtime with S and chick flicks while the rest of the group headed out for the night. Since Blake was playing in his hometown, he had a huge section of fans there just for him. They shut down the stadium while waiting for him to get finished talking to everyone. He's a stud ;)
Sunday was another lowkey morning before packing up the car and heading back home.
As always, it was a whirlwind of a weekend, but we had fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment