Friday, November 1, 2013

Seven Months!


Here we are on the downhill side of Samantha's first year.  I think I say this every month, but so far, this has been my favorite month with her.  She continues to just grow into her little person.  She is independent, corny, loving, fun, and pretty flexible.  Every month she seems to be learning new things and showing me her understanding of those things.  I could obviously write pages worth of things about this month, but I'll go ahead and jump to my bullet points and pictures.  I know that's what you want anyway : )

Memorable Moments:
-Momma's first sickness.  Luckily I wasn't too sick, but sick enough that taking care of myself and a baby was definitely a chore.  
-Reaching to be picked up.  This is one of my FAVORITE developments of this month.  It melts my heart to see her reaching toward me, showing me she wants me.
-No more reflux meds!! She was FINALLY able to be weaned off her second medicine this month.  Unfortunately, this means more spit up (aka more laundry), but at least she's not in pain.
-ANOTHER feeding issue : (  I nearly lost my supply this month, which put me through the emotional wringer.  It's been my goal to breastfeed for a full year, so I was quite heartbroken to think I'd have to end only half way through.  After trying a million things and praying A LOT, my supply is back.  This also led to Samantha's first experience with formula.  She loved it!  AND it helped her to finally start taking bottles again.
She even holds them on her own.
-Sitting up independently.  She has just learned to do this in the last week.  Just like everything else, she did this for the first time when no one was around to see her.  I went to get her from a nap, and there she was just sitting in her crib waiting for me!  It still takes a bit of work for her, and she doesn't succeed every time, but she's getting there.
-Closer and closer to crawling!  I thought for sure that she would be crawling at this point, but clearly I didn't realize how hard it is ; ) She had mastered moving her knees a while ago, but wouldn't move her arms.  She has started lifting her arms now, but tends to move them backwards instead of forward.
-Her first experience with constipation came this month due to the increase of solids.  After an attempt with prune juice (which she would NOT let touch her tongue) and a few bottles of apple juice (which she loves), everything was resolved.
-Interest in Lilly.  I think she's finally aware of Lilly and wants to be friends.  She reaches for her all the time!  Lilly isn't one to just sit and let Samantha pull her fur, though (smart dog).  So she either licks S on the face or just runs away.  Samantha just LAUGHS at Lilly all the time. 


-Pulling all her toys out of her toy bin over and over.

-Sitting in high chairs at restaurants and at home for lunch and dinner. She is also eating like a champ with her solids.  So far she's had bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, zucchini, avocado, carrots, brown rice, apples, and squash.  She LOVES eating and won't turn down anything!
She looks like Yoda with her light saber here to me : )
@ Chuy's
This is why she gets undressed for feedings...

-Halloween! We embraced the whole season by enjoying pumpkin patches, fall festivals, trick or treaters, etc.  It was a wonderful first holiday with the baby!








We had a family theme with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell,and Wendy.

Handing out candy to trick-or-treaters
Stats this month:
Weight: (according to the bathroom scale) 16.5 lbs
Height: ???
Clothes: Still 6 months
Diapers: Still size 2

More Samantha cuteness:


Accidental bubble bath from her soap spilling led to the cutest baby Santa I've ever seen

Our morning walks are much chillier now than they once were
Mom and Dad's first REAL date night for a belated anniversary dinner

She LOVES elephants and the elephant noise

Learning to hold herself up when she's standing

No comments: