Friday, October 4, 2013

6 Months!!! (Half Birthday)


Memorable moments:

-Samantha's church dedication.  We started the month by having Samantha dedicated at the church and Josh and I committing to raise her to know and worship the Lord.  Josh's parents, my parents, and my brother Stephen's family were all able to be there. It was good family time celebrating our little princess.


-Sitting up!  Last month, she was on the verge of sitting independently.  She could only stay up a second or two before falling over.  Now she stays up on her own.  She still can't get to a sitting position, though.  However, she can almost get to her bottom from her hands and knees position.  It's a twist and fall action right now.  She is also extremely close to crawling.  I expect to be sharing that tidbit next month.  Right now she is on all fours and can scoot her knees one or two times before she stops.

Sitting up
Sitting up outside enjoying our actual fall weather!

-Developmentally, she also FINALLY learned to roll over her left side.  She would only roll over her right up until now.
-Starting solids! It was my plan to wait until she was officially six months, but she was desperately reaching toward my food and acting hungry within an hour of being nursed.  Thus, I gave in and started two weeks early.  We did two days of rice cereal before jumping straight into bananas.  Rice cereal was a pain and way too runny for her to manage.  She LOVES eating from a spoon.  Waiting six months seemed to help her be ready for a spoon.  She can keep a good portion of the food in her mouth (despite what this picture shows... again, rice cereal was too runny!)
First time eating "solids"
 I've also officially started making her food.  I've been looking forward to making my own baby food since before I was pregnant.  A Kitchen Aid Mixer and Baby Bullet are two things I've wanted since I was in college.  They were the first things on my wedding and baby registries, respectively.
Sweet Potatoes
-Sitting in the baby bathtub without the mesh netting.  She loves being able to actually splash around in the tub.  She has also bathed in the big tub twice.
So excited to get to be IN the water
In the real tub
-Screaming to talk.  She started doing this at the end of last month, actually.  It's rare that she cries.  Instead she just yells at me.  I'm hoping this isn't a sign of what's to come in the teen years...
-The never-ending cold!  She has been fighting a runny nose, congestion and a cough for nearly four weeks now.  It just won't go away!  If only she could take something for it : (  Along with this cold has come a super-fun demeanor (sarcasm), hence there has been lots of that screaming I mentioned.
-Her first flight and vacation in Chicago.  You can read the full blog post about that HERE.

Stats:
Weight- 15 lbs 10 oz (clearly not in the 90th percentile anymore... maybe she is my child after all!)
Height- 26.5"
Clothing- 6 months still.  I had to actually purchase some for her now that fall is here and cold weather with it
Diapers- still size 2

Other Samantha cuteness:
A morning nap in Mommy and Daddy's bed
Sitting up and taking pictures with Mom and Dad

I love my morning smiles!
Loving that silly giraffe (I wish I had created Sophie...)
So cute in her fall clothing

No comments: