Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Five Months!


As I write this, I'm watching my baby girl rolling all around her crib talking to herself, (yes she should be napping instead), and I can't help but laugh at how precious she is while also wondering how time has gone by so quickly. She is five months old!! Wow... (Yes I'm aware that I say this same thing every month in some form or fashion). Well let's jump right into all that has happened this month. 

Memorable moments:
-The first (and still only) time Mommy wasn't a part of the bedtime routine. Josh was sick one night when we had home group. He volunteered to stay behind and put her down so I could still go. It broke my heart not to be there :(
-She has really started watching our hands. When I sign to her or do motions to songs, she watches intently. I hope her little brain is soaking it up so she can better communicate with me down the road. 
-Better naps!! Samantha has been on a near schedule during the days. Granted, the schedule still seems to change weekly. But most days, she's doing better. Sadly, however, she doesn't want to be rocked for these naps. She just wants to be put down in the crib and left to fall asleep alone. She's so independent!
-We started MOPS this month. Mommy needs some adult interaction during the week, so this will hopefully be a good outlet for that. So far we've only had a meet-and-greet. 
-She has transitioned to her "big stroller" for walks in the morning. She loves being able to sit up and look around in it. 
-More visits with family and friends!
-She's doing better with pushing up on her hands versus just her arms. It's not mastered yet, but coming along.
-She's sooo close to sitting up alone. She can do it for a little while before she falls over.

-She is a pro at coordinating objects to her mouth now. She can pass objects between hands, reach and find toys, and get the appropriate parts of toys to her mouth.
-The past few days, she has been putting her hand in/on my mouth while nursing.  It's so funny!
-This month she has learned to roll back over to her back once she's on her belly. This has caused some comedic nap times, though. She will end up on her back in the corner of her crib and can't get back to her tummy, which is how she likes to sleep. As of now, she only knows how to roll one way to get to her tummy. She tries so hard!!
Getting stuck...

Stats:
Weight- 15.5 lbs (she's slowing down on her growth now)
Height- ???
Clothing- 6 months
Diapers- still size 2

Other Samantha cuteness:
Firegirl!

She started crying with REAL tears this month.  It's heart-breaking!
Getting good at holding toys.
First time sporting jeans
Dinner with Nana and Pops
She still LOOOVES her elephant
Watching her first Aggie football game!
She just can't fight sleep when she's in her Baby Bjorn.



No comments: