How on earth are we already a third of the way through the year?? I must admit, I'm really enjoying my little 4-month old. I've always enjoyed her, obviously, but with better sleep and a more developed personality, she and I are having a lot of fun each day! I hate to say it, but there were MANY days in the past few months where I was just counting down the minutes on the clock until Josh got home because I was worn out and NOT enjoying a large portion of the day.
Here are some of the memorable moments of the month:
-Mommy and Daddy's first date night! We saw Despicable Me 2 while in Boerne, leaving S with Nana and Pops. While Nana was visiting, we got another night out and saw Grown Ups 2.
-The nursing strike! She is just starting to get past this, but it lasted 3 weeks! She fought most feedings and even refused to eat at times. I tried everything one could imagine and talked with both her pediatrician and a lactation consultant to no avail. I will keep fighting the good fight as long as I can and as long as she lets me. I want to keep her EBF for as long as possible!
-Sleeping without a Swaddle, and thus, in her oh-so-stinkin' cute footie pajamas.
-Consistently sleeping through the nights!! Let's hope this one lasts! There have been mornings when I've had to go in and get her as late as 8:30!
-The first shopping trip that wasn't HEB or Target. This was a full-on outlet trip. And the first time Mommy bought an article of clothing for the little princess.
-Rolling over from back to tummy! The first time she did it, no one was around to witness it. I laid her down to get her bath ready and came back to find her on her tummy. But she's received tons of praise for the next 50 rolls!
-Due to rolling over, her sleep was altered a bit. She's been sleeping in her car seat due to reflux, but when she learned to roll over, she tried doing so in her car seat and got stuck on the side. It took a few days for her to get used to the freedom of being able to roll and move around in her big crib, but it seems she's got it down now. She's sleeping on her tummy most of the time now. I often find her on her tummy with her thumb in her mouth. She sure takes after her Mommy in that regard : )
![]() |
| This is how I often find her during her nap times. She will just be rolling around playing. |
![]() |
![]() |
-Round two of those pesky shots :( Again, she handled them like a champ. She screamed when they happened, but was able to calm down when I held her. She did have a little bit of a fever two days after her shots, but she's been fever-free for over 24 hours, so hopefully we're in the clear!
-Her first time meeting her great-aunt Marsha. She drove down for the day from Waco to spend time with S, Nana, and Mommy. Sammie has such great family members!
-A visit from Weston and Makenzie Kingsley. Weston was one of Josh's groomsmen and a good friend of ours from college. They were driving through town and stopped for a short dinner.
-Her first time meeting her great-aunt Marsha. She drove down for the day from Waco to spend time with S, Nana, and Mommy. Sammie has such great family members!
![]() |
| Three generations of Cherry girls. |
-Her first runny nose. She's had this the past four or five days, and I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything more. This momma isn't ready for her first actual sickness : (
Stats:
Weight- 14 lbs 15 oz
Height- 25 in
Clothing- some 3 months but mostly 6 months
Diapers- Size 2
A few of her favorite things:
-the usuals- swing, elephant toy, stuffed horse, bath time
-some new things- sleeping in her pjs, her jumparoo, HER THUMB!!!!! (Please note how many pictures on here show her sucking her thumb. I counted four and there are many more on my phone that I didn't post...)
Things she doesn't seem to like:
-feedings... So hard!!
-taking her medicine
-sleeping in public. She doesn't seem to be able to do it unless it's in the church nursery or she's being pushed in her stroller.
More Samantha cuteness:
![]() |
| Finally accepting of the Baby Bjorn. She used to fight it like crazy. |
![]() |
| Getting some loving from Papa G. |
![]() |
| She's getting so good at sitting up (with support) and grabbing her toys. |
![]() |
| This was a hand-me-down bouncy swing that hangs in a door frame. It didn't exactly work well, but it made for a great photo op! |
![]() |
| Daddy snuggles : ) |
![]() |
| She LOVES this horsie!!! |
![]() |
| She finally got big enough to play in her jumparoo. She enjoys getting to stand up while playing. |
![]() |
| Daddy and S both have a tendency to close their eyes when smiling for pictures. |
![]() |
| Her princess crown. |
![]() |
| Just chillin'. |
![]() |
| She fell asleep during tummy time. This is the only time she's done that. |
















No comments:
Post a Comment