Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas/New Year's

I keep waiting to post about Christmas until I'm sitting at an actual computer to load all the pictures from Josh's camera. However, it's already January 9th and that still hasn't happened, so I figure an iPhone post is better than nothing!

The week before Christmas, Josh and I spent five days in NYC. He has never been and I'd always dreamed if going for Christmas. It was a great trip. We saw shows, went to all the touristy places, ate a lot of delicious food, and had great quality time with each other. Have I mentioned that we LOVE traveling? And it's one of the greatest blessings God gave me to have a husband with whom I travel really well! (Josh did post his NYC pictures on Facebook, so go there to enjoy).

We flew back to San Antonio before Christmas and spent the holiday with my family. It was a really weird Christmas for me. I had so many school and church Christmas parties and activities, (and then New York), so by the time the actual holiday got here, it felt like Christmas was over. It was odd! But family time was great. As we all get older and the family expands, these times will be less frequent, so I appreciate them.

I was lucky enough to have another week of vacation after that. (Yay school employment!). It was nice to have a good combination of lazy and fun with just a hint of responsibility.

That final weekend my lovely Heather came to stay with us for the weekend and celebrate the new year with us. We had some college friends and Round Rock friends over for a party. And yes, I did manage to stay awake to ring in the new year! Be impressed ;)

Now it's back to the normal routine and getting excited for my birthday. I think Josh may have fun things up his sleeve for the weekend and my parents are going to come play some also. I like my birthday!

No comments: