Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

In this post, we are going to go back to last weekend.  I had the chance to go back to Waco for a dear grad school friend's wedding.  The wedding was at the most BEAUTIFUL gardens of a historic home in the area.  Who knew there was so much beauty in Waco??  It was a lovely wedding and gave me (and Josh) the chance to spend time with my two Kelly's.
 Starting the next day, things went downhill.  I spent Sunday and Monday sick in bed.  This is now the FIFTH time since last December that I've had the exact same bug: sore throat and high fever.  Praise the Lord there haven't been stomach issues with this bug (the antibiotics always cause those later, though), but it's still no fun and it always makes me miss work.  I hate wasting vacation days on being sick.  Eventually, my body kicked back into normal gear to get ready for this fun-filled weekend that kicked off the holiday season.  Friday night we went over to the home of some of our dear church friends to have dinner and carve pumpkins.  Josh's always turns out to be more creative and exciting than mine (see below).  This was a different experience for us than in year's past.  Typically, we take Lilly to the pumpkin patch, take family photos and let her pick a pumpkin.  Since we were in a hurry, we stopped at HEB for our pumpkins this year and got Lilly's later.  (Sorry Lilly!)  Saturday afternoon was spent working at our church's Fall Festival that is held at the Texas Baptist Children's Home.  We manned the Plinko booth, which was great because there was very little effort required for this booth, (unlike the poor people at bowling next to us).  Last night we followed up the holiday festivities by watching Hocus Pocus and rekindling that childhood, Halloween excitement.  Tomorrow night is our bible study night, so we will not be handing out candy to our neighborhood kids, but to others' instead.  That's a slight bummer, and I'm afraid of what Lilly will be dealing with, having the doorbell rung all night long.  She might go crazy.  Anyway, I'm SOOO excited that the holiday season has officially begun... Christmas planning can officially kick into full gear now : )

 Very delicious sticky buns I made for us Saturday morning.
 At the pumpkin patch without Lilly...
 Giving Lilly her pumpkin to carve
 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: