The past week has been such an uplifting one. Over the past year, there have been very few times that I’ve felt a strong connection with God, and that’s absolutely my fault. So it has been so encouraging to see how all I have to do is throw God the tiniest of bones for him to open the floodgates and make himself known in my life. It goes to show how much He really loves me and how He desires that bond even more than I do. I am so undeserving and yet, He provides.
The past month has been pretty stressful and full of serious prayer within the Smith family. Everyone within my immediate family had some cause for prayer. First of all, Dad had some scary blood levels a while ago, which could have very easily been the result of cancer. God showed His power on Tuesday when those results came back negative. Brad and Haley had the possibility of a major hiccup with their pregnancy the past week as well, relating to shots to prevent premature delivery. You can go HERE to read more about that amazing answer to prayers, resulting in Haley being able to still get the shots. Lastly, Josh and I have been struggling since we got married to find solid couple friends to do life with in Round Rock. For a while, we had a flourishing small group at church, but after about six months, that group fell apart and those friendships dissipated. After some serious prayer and consideration, we felt led to start visiting other churches. This past weekend, after only one visit, we may have found our new church home. We still have other churches to consider, because we don’t want to be hasty in our decision like we were the first time around. However, there were many young couples in our life stage, the worship service was one of the most worshipful I’ve experienced in a while, and the people we met were so open and welcoming. Even if this doesn’t end up being the place God leads us, it was so encouraging to know that there ARE churches in our area with the things we are looking for.
I look forward to my next post when I get to fill you all in on even more answered prayers. But that will have to wait until we are back from Europe : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay!!! I can comment again! I too have been overwhelmed by God's faithfulness in all those situations this week!
Whew! That sounds like a lot, love. Clearly, we need a phone/skype date. Love you!!
Post a Comment