Dang rain... it spoiled our weekend adventure. As I mentioned in my last post, we were supposed to go to B/CS to go camping with Brad, Haley, and Gray this weekend. However, due to the dismal forecast, we decided to nix the idea. Josh and I probably would have gone to tough it out, and we probably would have regretted it. Luckily, there was a two year old to consider, and thus, camping didn't happen.
Instead, we headed up for an impromptu, last minute trip to Houston. (Houston-ites reading this, please don't hate me for not calling... it was such a short trip. I've also decided that I like going to Houston less and less because I feel more and more guilty each time, since I can't ever see all the people I want). It was so great to just be with my family. I adore my family. I know that everyone thinks they are blessed with their families, but I really won the lottery with mine! But aside from Mom and Dad, I haven't seen anyone since Christmas! I have decided that being married and not living in the same town as all of your family makes staying as connected really difficult! Before I was married, I would go home regularly. Now, not so much. Luckily I have a family that is understanding of this situation. Anywho, I digress...
The 24 hours we spent there were great. It was so great to see Grayson growing up before my eyes. Even though it has only been a few months since I last saw him, he has officially gone from a baby boy to a little boy. He understands SO much and will actually "semi" participate in a conversation with me. Josh had to look at me sternly a few times this weekend and remind me that we don't want children yet. I guess my sporadic encounters with Gray will have to suffice. Or Brad and Haley can just have some more to continue filling my void. (Hint hint Haley!!)

Right before bedtime... He loves me! : )
It was also fun seeing their BEAUTIFUL new house. Though, it made us even more house hungry than we already are! If only we knew where we were going to be this next year. If Josh found a teaching job here, we'd be completely ready to set down official roots. But if not, renting is the only wise decision for now. It's just so hard to be patient and wait for answers. I guess that's how life has always been... and how it will always be. I'm always one looking for the next thing. I just got married 6 months ago and now I need a house, a new dog, and a baby. Ok the last one can really wait a few years. And the dog thing is really more for Josh. But it is just proof that I stink at being content in the present. Please pray for me today as I fight that battle.
Instead, we headed up for an impromptu, last minute trip to Houston. (Houston-ites reading this, please don't hate me for not calling... it was such a short trip. I've also decided that I like going to Houston less and less because I feel more and more guilty each time, since I can't ever see all the people I want). It was so great to just be with my family. I adore my family. I know that everyone thinks they are blessed with their families, but I really won the lottery with mine! But aside from Mom and Dad, I haven't seen anyone since Christmas! I have decided that being married and not living in the same town as all of your family makes staying as connected really difficult! Before I was married, I would go home regularly. Now, not so much. Luckily I have a family that is understanding of this situation. Anywho, I digress...
The 24 hours we spent there were great. It was so great to see Grayson growing up before my eyes. Even though it has only been a few months since I last saw him, he has officially gone from a baby boy to a little boy. He understands SO much and will actually "semi" participate in a conversation with me. Josh had to look at me sternly a few times this weekend and remind me that we don't want children yet. I guess my sporadic encounters with Gray will have to suffice. Or Brad and Haley can just have some more to continue filling my void. (Hint hint Haley!!)
Here are some pictures to document the weekend:
We went and played at the park. He always has the greatest time walking Lilly because she's small enough for him to control. Lilly isn't as big a fan...
We bought him a movie that came with a toothbrush. He was OBSESSED with that toothbrush. He brushed the dogs' teeth, threw it in the dirt, etc. and then chewed on it. Yumm!
Right before bedtime... He loves me! : )
It was also fun seeing their BEAUTIFUL new house. Though, it made us even more house hungry than we already are! If only we knew where we were going to be this next year. If Josh found a teaching job here, we'd be completely ready to set down official roots. But if not, renting is the only wise decision for now. It's just so hard to be patient and wait for answers. I guess that's how life has always been... and how it will always be. I'm always one looking for the next thing. I just got married 6 months ago and now I need a house, a new dog, and a baby. Ok the last one can really wait a few years. And the dog thing is really more for Josh. But it is just proof that I stink at being content in the present. Please pray for me today as I fight that battle.
2 comments:
Oh no!! I'm so sorry your camping trip didn't work out - but at least you got to go visit fam. I totally understand hating to go to Houston...there are just TOO MANY people living there! Haha. Definitely praying for you, lovely...in His time :) Love you, miss you...
Don't worry, that's exactly how we feel every time we go to Dallas, no time for anyone but fam :( Now SA will probably be the same situation! Anyway, thanks so much for coming, it was such a blessing hanging out with y'all! I def relate to the whole contentment thing, but if it makes you feel better, renting for our first 3 years was the smartest decision we ever made (made it so much easier when we did buy). And thanks for the hint hint part...chump! :) (Wow...I should have just sent you an email, this is the longest comment of all times)
Post a Comment